- Increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Prevent the normalization of deviance
Kesteven Management Documentation provides a simple improvement and change management system, to record and track suggestions, corrective actions, audit findings, and other opportunities for improvement through a single process.
A simpler mechanism for improvement
Traditional document-based management systems are hard to update. Managers become reluctant to make changes for fear of the flow-on effect. Kesteven Management Documentation’s modular, page-based design solves this problem.
- The modular system design means that changes are localized.
- Automatic linking and cross-referencing eliminates the edit orial drudge work: no more trawling through the set of documents looking for, and fixing, titles and terminology.
- Direct feedback. Authorised users can suggest changes and post comments.
- Standard improvement process: all updates are managed through a single change management system.
Simple, high-speed improvement and change management
Dealing with deviance
Your people are expected to carry out their procedures as documented. Any deviation from prescribed practice is unacceptable: but it is also an opportunity for improvement. If operators are inclined to carry out a procedure other than as documented, there are four possibilities —
- The operators might have found a better way to carry out the procedure.
- There may be a system failure, putting them under unacceptable pressure or requiring them to meet conflicting objectives.
- There may be a supervision or training failure, resulting in a failure to understand the significance of correct performance.
- There may be a human resources failure, putting the wrong people into the wrong positions.
In all cases, the management task is to understand the cause of the deviance, to learn from it, and to make improvements. Kesteven Management Documentation helps your managers by presenting your management system in a simple, transparent form that is easy to diagnose and re-engineer, and by providing a single feedback and change management mechanism.
Click here if you would like someone to call you to explain more about how the system works or to arrange an online presentation to show you the system in action.
Please complete this form to contact the Kesteven & Associates team.Close